Sunday 10 April 2011

Still Waiting........

So I haven't been up since friday to see my boy. i usually give him the weekend off.  I'll probably head up to the barn tomorrow to check up on him and see how he's doing. I hope he's walking better at least.
Anyway today my boyfriend says to me how a part of me ( muscle that I use when riding) looks different this of course is due to the fact that I am not riding, I haven't been for about a month now since my boy has been off.
This honestly frustrates me since I like how fit I was lol and I just miss riding. I really don't want the time to come when Apollo is feeling better and I can sit on his back again and start huffing and puffing because I haven't been ridng lol. My horse is not THAT hard to ride but he does need somewhat of an experienced rider and some days he just needs a lot of leg, depends.
And this also means that our jumping training has to be put on a hold and when we start back into it, we will basically have to start from the very basics. :'( tear.
 We were doing so great lately and this just had to happen. lol oh well hopefully he'll remember something and we won't have to start back from square one.
This was us back in October 2010, since then we have improved greatly but I don't have any videos since then because my boyfriend hasn't been up and wasn't able to record anything.
Anyway I miss this....
This was 2 feet and we were still doing 2 feet just so we can practice getting straighter towards and after the jump, get a nicer take off spot and for him to get his correct lead. Can't wait to start doing 4 feet with him, which shouldn't be a problem with him since he's such a tall boy! :-D   
Come on everyone, help me get my horse better so I can start jumping again lol. Let's all pray LOL. ;-) Just wish him a speedy recovery ASAP before I start going crazy.

33 comments:

  1. Love that horse. Really nice blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, your horse has some tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks and sounds like a smart horse. look forward to how things develop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice video man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the horse, and good luck starting over with those basics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh, never thought riding a horse would be physically demanding enough to effect your muscles :b Cool looking blog, followed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the horse and I hope your horse has a fast recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely will pray for his speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Practice, practice and more practice and you'll make it! ^^
    Nice blog man, will follow : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. +following :) Great video!

    My fiancee loves horses, I always tease her and tell her she can't even ride a wheelie!

    If you get some extra time you should come check out my fishes blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've never tried horse riding before and this looks very interesting, and looks exhilarating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i jumped once with a horse

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool horse! i go horse back riding too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Horse riding isn't really my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great video and beautiful horse - wish I could ride be getting out of the wheel chair and onto the horse w/no lower limbs is tricky

    Looking for any one interested in a good discussion of the topics on my blog:

    greedgoodorbad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. you know what i think!
    i think you should take me with you so you can teach me! it honestly looks so easy, but it isn't
    and your horse is beautiful, just how i like em..good looking, dark and tall <3 haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. How long do you train a horse before it can jump a fence?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bad luck with the horse ;_;
    Great blog though!
    Followed! Please check out my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice horse! Friend of mine has got a few, he doesn't get to ride them though, his sister won't let him. Evil!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I miss riding. My family out west has some horses but I haven't seen them in forever. Certainly not show riding or anything fancy, mostly rounding up livestock haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. gotta keep that fitness! i got lazy, and stopped going to the gym for a bit, but ive been trying to get back in shape

    ReplyDelete